Craig, Malik and Sugar with Oscar

Singer / Songwriter

Tagged with: , , , , ,
Posted in Awards, Photos, Searching For Sugar Man Film
8 comments on “Craig, Malik and Sugar with Oscar
  1. Marinda Broedrich says:

FABULOUS GUYS!!!!!
    Am so glad you “searched” for our Sugarman AND found him.
    You deserve to hold the Oscar while we’re holding Rodriguez in our hearts!!!!
    Love Him
    Marinda

2. mike colle says:

You have made the world a better place as the result of your passion and humanism.Mazel Tov to you and Sixto.

3. I have seen the documentary 3 times this week in our local art movie house, each times bringing more friends to see it. What a joy to see the result of your search. Thanks guys! All the best to you and the Rodriguez family.
    And did I see ‘looking for Shawn Philips’ at number two on Craig’s list??? Another search on the way?? :-)

4. jeane harris says:

From day one when I saw the documentary a week after it opened at Laemmles in Pasadena, Ca, last year,I knew this was a winner. Liked it so much, I saw it again a week later.
    Rodriguez is a man of great humility. His talents are finally being realized now after decades of no recognition. I have a ticket to see him perform in LA at the Orpheum Theater. I’m counting the days until April. Most of the tickets sold out through Ticketmaster in less than 10 minutes!

5. jan morris says:

I am glad Stephen got to go to the Oscars – he deserves a hell of a lot of praise and recognition and I hope that he has been able to build a friendship with Sixto and the documentary makers. Such a shame that Sixto wasn’t there himself but performing at a concert instead. I would have liked to see him say a few words along with Craig and Malik.

6. LT says:

One of the most beautifully made documentaries I have ever seen. Couldn’t be happier that it won an Oscar.

7. Laura Skyles says:

I just finished watching Searching for Sugar Man. It was an EXCELLENT documentary and I understand why it won an Oscar. Had to google for the website. Thank you for never giving up searching for him, for the movie, and for the CDs. Can’t wait to watch the move with a couple of friends and tell others, what a great story!! I will be buying Sixto’s two CDs and the movie. At least he will receive royalties now. Unbelievable he never received any before.